Graduate Supply Chain Planner 2021
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
Our 10,000+ employees represent 108 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe. Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
About Acheson & Acheson
THG acquired Acheson & Acheson in 2018 to bring full service, product development & manufacturing in-house to supply innovative branded and THG Beauty Brand products to the industry. Capabilities include:
- In-house market knowledge & trends
- End-to-end service from idea generation through to manufacturing and launch
- Technical, commercial and production expertise
- Outstanding customer service
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity to work at a leading global cosmetics company in the South West of England. We are looking to recruit a talented graduate to develop within this vital area which ensures production costs and timings are maximised to achieve a quality customer service.
This is a permanent role, and if successful you will be enrolled into our 12-month Graduate Training scheme which will support your ongoing professional learning & development. Within this role you will be involved in developing your understanding of all areas of the Demand/Supply planning areas of our business functions. This is the perfect development opportunity for anyone looking to start a career within a fast paced, growing company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding and supporting the planning and demand function and systems.
- Understanding business and individual customer requirements and working to achieve their targets.
- Liaising with production/planning departments to achieve customer requirements.
- Developing forecasting activities associated with customers and products, creating and maintaining forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing and retailer data.
- Using internal reports to ensure core disciplines are followed. These include liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure orders are placed on time, ensuring budget costs are set accurately and any late deliveries are chased.
- Expediting and de-expediting stock as required and managing stock levels.
- Liaising with domestic and international suppliers to ensure deliveries are achieved – understanding and tracking shipments from suppliers to ensure deadlines are met.
- Building close working relationships with customer supply chain contacts at in order to deliver optimum product availability.
- Understanding and building sales budgets, promotion activities, seasonality, launches and delists.
- Supporting with stock inventory and initiatives to reduce any obsolete and delisted lines.
- Solving problems to ensure the system is accurate at all times.
- Degree qualified in a related subject e.g. Business Studies/ Business Management, Logistics etc.
- Project and planning experience (ideally within a manufacturing environment)
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint). SAP is advantageous.
- Previous customer facing experience would be advantageous.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Access to THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Structured Graduate Programme offering Leadership and Development training as well as Soft Skills training
- Excellent progression opportunities