Graduate UX Researcher 2021
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model.
We are looking for a super talented Graduate UX Researcher to join our ever-growing team of digital experts and critical specialists within the THG UX Team. You will be a key player in developing world class UX solutions to support continued THG business growth and client wins across our high-profile ecommerce portfolio which includes the likes of Nestle, Homebase and Coca Cola.
The THG UX team are a multi-disciplined digital team split into four key areas - Design, Research, Analytics and Experimentation. We work collaboratively with our business stakeholders within THG to provide design solutions for THG branded owned sites and sites that harness the THG Ingenuity platform. We work across all aspects of UX workflow from discovery all the way through to delivery. We also deliver research and experimentation insights that help us drive rationale for our design decisions as well as identifying opportunities for platform automation, scalability and future product innovation.
- The THG UX Team is led by Gavin Holland – the Head of UX
- You will report to a Lead UX Researcher within the UX team who will handle your individual 1-1s to discuss career progression, cascade important information and general well being
- You’ll be a member of the THG UX team and will play an active role in team stand-ups, research meetings and work shares
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Ergonomics, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design or a related field.
- Good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis. Evidence of the above, preferably demonstrated via projects portfolio.
- Good understanding of requirements elicitation, research question formulation, hypothesis creation, thematic analysis, statistics and results interpretation.
- Good understanding and demonstrable application of psychology principles and behavioural frameworks, and ability to apply these in research planning and execution.
- Ability to communicate research findings in written and verbal forms effectively.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow a user centred approach, ensuring both qualitative & quantitative data are used to inform design decisions and shape solutions.
- Rationalise and playback research findings to immediate team and wider business stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, developers, and data scientists to propose recommendations, ensuring both qualitative & quantitative data are used within the solution decisions.
- Gather stakeholders’ requirements regarding business problems.
- Formulate research and test plans (including hypothesis creation) spanning the discovery, exploration, evaluation, and validation phases of projects.
- Conduct preliminary investigations and competitor reviews, to identify appropriate research methods relevant to the situation, and execute appropriate research methods to inform design solutions
- Work with cross functional teams (designers, experimentation strategists, data scientists etc) to answer key business questions and solve business problems.
- Knowledge of industry standard research platforms including Usertesting, Userzoom, Optimal Workshop and Survey Monkey would be an advantage.
- Experience of industry standard Digital Design software (such as Sketch and Invision) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of conducting research with modular frameworks, Component libraries and Design systems would be an advantage.
The THG UX team are successful by:
- Challenge – You'll be strong with stakeholders to clarify requirements, priorities and ambiguity to help us succeed.
- Collaboration – You'll always seek to be collaborative and inclusive within your project work and seek to co-create where possible with your stakeholders.
- Commerciality – You'll inquisitive about other teams' functions within THG to embed design thinking and help solve wider business critical challenges.
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Build solutions using the latest technology & freedom to use the latest technologies
- Opportunity to make a real impact in the business • Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio and barber