E-Commerce FulfilmentOperations Graduate 2021
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations are at the heart of customer experience here at THG, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose-built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire that is open 24 /7 364 days a year.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to set up additional sites in NW UK and is recruiting Operations Graduates who will be responsible for managing a team of around 20-40 Warehouse Operatives working in Outbound / Inbound operations. Your team will be responsible for receiving, picking, packing and sorting orders that are placed with THG using our Warehouse Management System. You will report to a Shift Manager and will support them in ensuring that we meet or exceed our targets for safety, quality and productivity of the fulfilment operation.
Please note that this is a shift based role where you will be required to work day / night shifts up to 12 hours (shifts allocated according to business requirements).
Main Activities / Tasks
- Lead and Motivate a small team carrying out a variety of Warehouse Tasks including Picking orders, Packing orders, Replenishing stock, sortation, decant, returns plus any other reasonable requests made by the business.
- You will be supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- You will work with L & D to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform
- You will also be required to ensure that your team are all adhering to THG’s Health & Safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment
- You will need to ensure that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs and make corrections where required
- You will be the first line of escalation for any colleague concerns or requirement including HR issues
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Become recognised as the process expert and leader of change in your process
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with plans
- Communicate instructions from Senior Staff to your team and ensure these are followed.
- Identify key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Work with the people team to manage employee relations issues including absence reviews
- Assume shift management responsibility in times of absence and holiday
- This role is the first line manager role and success is measured in people and process metrics. You will have the ability to assume greater responsibility and leverage team strengths to solve basic problems. You will also highlight those with potential for additional responsibility.
To be considered for this role, located in Warrington Cheshire / South Manchester, you will need to have the following:
- Degree in STEM/logistics/supply chain or similar
- Experience managing and motivating a small team
- Experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Good communication/interpersonal/organisational skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused
- Good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time effectively and solving problems
- Ability to drive positive change
- IT literate: Excel & Word and capable of delivering reports using excel Knowledge of statistical tools like SPSS, Minitab a plus
- You may need your own transport as local public transport options are limited
- You will need to be fully flexible and prepared to work 10.5 hour shifts (12 hour shifts during peak times) including Nights/Weekends, at either Omega Warrington / ICON Manchester site
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
Unfortunately because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 28 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.