Procurement and Supply Chain Graduate 2021
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 10,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Procurement and Supply Chain team and Your Role
The Procurement and Supply Chain team are responsible for the processes and materials behind the manufacture and distribution of the goods that THG creates and sells. The work the team does is critical in ensuring the business is competitive in the market.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Graduate will rotate across the four main areas of the Procurement and Supply Chain team, gaining experience across all aspects as they develop within the business. Each rotation will last for three months, with the post holder working directly with an assigned mentor within each team. The post holder will undertake the following within in each rotation:
- Understanding Export and Import Document Processing
- Understanding and obtaining freight rates, quoting and invoicing
- Planning multimodal shipments (Air / Sea / Road)
- Learning the new market trade lane setup process
- Completing customs processes for exports and imports
- Undertaking carrier performance management
- Applying for additional export documentation (Health Certs, Certificates of Free Sale, Country of Origin Certs)
- Demand– Turning Finance budgets into forecasts at product and warehouse level.
- Stock Budgeting – Setting up stock targets at a macro level.
- Supply – Recognising order requirements and working with suppliers to fit their schedules to our needs.
- Operations – Building distribution plans to our global warehousing network.
- Production – Providing detailed raw material allocation plans aligning with our capacity planning
- Understanding and undertaking tender preparation
- Conducting tender Evaluation Criteria & Assessment
- Undertaking proposal Analysis (Identifying Cost drivers)
- Contracting - Liquidated Damages, Insurance Verification, Financial Due Diligence
- Negotiation - Leveraging multiple bids, Listening, Making a Proposal, Constructive Concessions
- Contracting - Service Level Agreement including introducing service credits
- Identifying & implementing a sourcing channel (by international and channel placement)
- Develop a category strategy /plan for a spend area
- Sitting in one of 3 categories (Packaging, Co-manufacturers or raw materials)
- NPD (New Product Development) support
- Feedstock market analysis and understanding how this impact buying price and negotiation planning
- Ensuring supply by building and challenging supply chain set up with suppliers
- Finance query support – reviewing pricing for debit notes, liaising with supply chain on shortages
- Tenders - creating tender docs / pricing structures / work on a specific tender
- Artwork & compliance involvement – shadowing some of those teams to understand the process behind launching a product and time & the requirements from a print and regulatory point of view and how this feeds in to overall commercial impact
- Managing new suppliers into THG
- Supply chain ethics – supporting THG ethical sourcing programme
- A recent graduate with an interest in procurement and supply chain
- A thirst to learn, develop and progress quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confidence in speaking with stakeholders and customers
- Adept user of Microsoft packages
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- Competitive Salary and bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts