Procurement Graduate 2021
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
Our 10,000+ employees represent 108 nationalities and work in offices located in 11 cities around the globe. Our culture is fast- paced and unique, we recognise great achievements with great rewards. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. THG believes in the power of meritocracy. We invest in the development of our people to help everyone achieve their full potential.
About Acheson & Acheson
THG acquired Acheson & Acheson in 2018 to bring full service, product development & manufacturing in-house to supply innovative branded and THG Beauty Brand products to the industry. Capabilities include:
- In-house market knowledge & trends
- End-to-end service from idea generation through to manufacturing and launch
- Technical, commercial and production expertise
- Outstanding customer service
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity to work at a leading global cosmetics company in the South West of England. The company are looking to recruit a talented graduate to join the Purchasing Team, further establishing its reputation for quality and innovation while contributing to the company’s sustainability through continuous improvement.
This is a permanent role, and if successful you will be enrolled into our 12-month Graduate Training Role which is designed to support your ongoing learning & development. This role will be involved in supporting a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, developing collaborative working relationships with suppliers, clients, and internal teams. The role is the perfect development opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in a Procurement/ Commercial function within a fast paced, innovative company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Sourcing and procurement of componentry and raw materials
- Identifying, liaising and negotiating with suppliers, managing supplier relationships and evaluating supplier performance
- Working on tenders, identifying cost savings opportunities
- Requesting quotations and samples
- Building relationships with New Product Development teams
- Sourcing innovative packaging and componentry to meet customer briefs.
- Supporting the purchasing team with business development products
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Previous procurement/purchasing experience would be advantageous
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Previous supplier/customer facing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Access to THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Structured Graduate Programme offering Leadership and Development training as well as Soft Skills training
- Excellent progression opportunities