Graduate Geo-Environmental Consultant Glasgow 2024
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a geotechnical / geo-environmental Consultant to join our highly successful team based in our Glasgow office.
Geotechnical and geo-environmental consulting is one of our core disciplines at Hydrock. It is where we came from (both the CEO and MD have a ‘Geo background’) and it accounts for a wealth of our business today by seeding other disciplines.
In brief, the work includes the delivery of geo-environmental / geotechnical services including, but not limited to: design and management of site investigations (including on-site supervision, logging and sampling); factual and interpretative report writing and qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
The role includes working as part of integrated project teams of geo-environmental and geotechnical specialists, and an understanding of related disciplines (civils, structural, transport, air quality, acoustics and flood risk), will be beneficial.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
- A BSc, BEng or higher qualification in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, environmental science etc).
- 1-2 years of experience in a geo-environmental consultancy role.
- Experience working for a Contractor and/or geotechnical experience would also be highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of relevant and up to date British Standards (eg BS EN 5930), Industry Guidance (eg EA LC:RM) and NHBC Standards.
- Supervision, reporting and management of geo-environmental assignments.
- Monitoring of gas and groundwater levels and groundwater sampling.
- Liaison with sub-contractors and clients assisting in the delivery of projects.
- Technical report writing (including Desk Studies and Ground Investigation Reports).
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements for ground investigations.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and independent thinker with an enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
New Window We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
What we can offer you
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An early finish on Fridays (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: ’Day off for good causes‘ (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.