The best thing – you can make your mark on the business world and focus on the commercial side of IBM. What you’ll do – anything from analysing our business, creating proposals for potential clients or even doing research into different areas of the market.
What we look for
- To begin with you should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree and to be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study and be authorised to work in the UK for the whole placement too.
- Whilst you don’t need a specific degree background to apply, you do need to be enthusiastic, with plenty of energy and passion for the areas of our business that you’re applying for. Never fear, if you haven’t studied business or IT, we’re all about the person, not about their background.
- University Placements are for a minimum of 1 year and must form part of your degree - normally prior to the final year of study.
- University Placements run from June/July/August 2017 for 12 months.
- Your degree subject – any, but you’ll need to show a keen interest in business and getting to grips with how a large organisation like IBM works.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree.
- You must be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study.
- An interest in technology and how it can change business.
- Authorisation to work in the UK for the duration of the placement (without sponsorship).