Marketing Executive Global Student Recruitment and Marketing
Promote a career as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant and raise awareness of ICAEW’s qualifications to potential students and their influencers (including parents, teachers, careers advisers) through events, marketing projects and relationship building.
The Marketing Executive will be required to deliver student, student influencer and employer engagement through both face-to-face and digital methods.
To act as brand champion to help embed the ICAEW brand values, ensuring brand consistency, promoting best practice and sharing ideas across the team and ICAEW.
Main responsibilities of role
- Organise, promote and deliver tailored ICAEW events to meet audience needs at target schools, colleges, universities and other relevant organisations and establishments in an engaging and convincing style. This includes presentations, skills sessions and careers fairs.
- Work collaboratively with ICAEW authorised training employers and ICAEW ambassadors where appropriate at ICAEW led engagement.
- Represent ICAEW at external events, meetings and conferences, including those being delivered by ICAEW authorised training employers.
- Work with the team to support the marketing manager and senior marketing executive in meeting team objectives.
- Develop and deliver tactical plans tailored for your region ensuring they incorporate the team’s marketing plan, target list and strategy. Plans should utilise a variety of appropriate and relevant marketing and communication channels and resources (including ICAEW ambassadors), to raise awareness of ICAEW’s qualifications and the routes into the accountancy profession with students and their influencers.
- Build on and develop relationships with key academic/careers contacts at target schools, colleges, universities and other relevant organisations and establishments seeking out opportunities to promote ICAEW to potential students and influencers. Produce appropriate and relevant copy for various channels including websites, promotional literature, flyers, advertising, social media and communication emails.
- Input to and support the delivery of ad-hoc marketing projects and campaigns, assigned by the marketing manager/ senior marketing executive. Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, including colleagues in regions, district societies, student societies, advisory services, business development, learning and brand to deliver student recruitment activity.
- Manage budget allocated and timescales set by the marketing manager for areas of responsibility. Make recommendations for activity to be ceased, adjusted, trialled. Ensure contacts are maintained and inputted into the customer database. Monitor and review relevant competitor activity
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
ICAEW values – all staff are expected to work to these values
The 3 i’s – Initiative Insight and Integrity
The 3 i’s are the values that drive our attitude and approach to working at ICAEW, along with our ways of working being agile, collaborative and innovative.
- Actively collaborating to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empowering people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gathering insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborating with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Being agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government
- Acting with transparency, consistency and openness as Integrity underpins all activity we undertake.
- Standing by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Marketing, event management or business degree, professional qualification or equivalent
- Marketing and event management experience is essential
- Designing, organising, promoting, delivering and evaluating events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to present to large and diverse groups of people, clearly, enthusiastically, concisely.
- Preparing, executing and measuring effectiveness of marketing plans across the marketing and communications mix.
- Experience in the student recruitment or education sector desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of professional services / membership organisations desirable but not essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to travel very regularly within the UK (with overnight stays away), so need to be flexible to meet the level of event activity. Occasional international travel a possibility.
- Full clean driving license is essential.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience we are seeking for any of these vacancies, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com