Technology Graduate Programme – Manchester
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
On our Graduate Program, you will join a team of industry experts who will work with you to accelerate your development. With exciting learning opportunities at its core, we'll help you focus on building the essential skills needed for a successful and meaningful transition into the professional world.
Learning is a continuous journey of personal and professional development. Our holistic approach leverages classroom based, digital, and peer to peer learning opportunities throughout the program, alongside mentoring and career development guidance. You will be part of a global class, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
Our next Graduate Program launches in 2021. We’re looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2021.
If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems and have a desire to work in technology, this is the stream for you. In EMEA we have opportunities in software development and full stack developer roles.
What we’re looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and talented developer who meets these requirements:
- Is working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar, which includes significant programming content, completed no later than September 2021
- This program is aimed at graduates with 0-12 months relevant experience
- Has a strong desire to pursue a career in programming, and is able to demonstrable an aptitude for this
- Has practical experience in programming in one or more high level languages. Our products are written in C# and Typescript (using Angular) so experience in these would be ideal but is not essential. Candidates with experience of other languages such as Java will be cross-trained.
- Has a knowledge of object oriented concepts and techniques
- Has the ability to quickly understand and apply new technical concepts and frameworks
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
To be eligible for our Graduate program you must have the right to work full-time in the UK now and in the future. We currently do not offer visa sponsorship; however, we do run our programs in a number of locations across the globe and welcome you to consider those that are relevant to you.
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV, along with a short cover letter/motivational statement (we suggest around 300 words).
- We want to hear more about you; why you’re interested in joining IHS Markit, and why you’re interested in being considered for the role/s you have applied for.
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter
Initial assessment process. In most locations, this screening stage will be in the form of a telephone interview
Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place in late 2020. We recommend early application.