Inside Sales Graduate Internship 2021
Are you seeking a company that will offer you rewarding, challenging work and a chance to make a difference? Then you should consider Illumina's Internship Program. Our mission? To help improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome.
We have established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies through our focus on innovation and serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets.
Each summer, dozens of undergraduate, Masters and PhD students embrace these internship roles globally. Our 12-month program, focuses on meaningful project work, professional and personal development, in addition to providing networking opportunities.
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world will ignite the same passion in you that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
Scope of the internship
As the Inside Sales Intern you will be using your life science skills to become involved with various projects within our Inside Sales department, as well as supporting our wider EMEA Sales and Marketing teams.
The primary responsibility of this role is on the generation of prospecting lists to facilitate outbound lead generation activities that take place within the team, enabling the creation of high quality sales leads. The role will work with various internal and external software to mine data according to the requirements of the various Inside Sales projects, so a good understanding of genetics and how this is used in research, pharma, biotech and the clinical markets will be useful.
The role will also include engaging with existing customers and potential sales leads to help drive the generation of new sales opportunities. This could include invitation to marketing events such as seminars and webinars, post-event qualification of leads, and out-reach to potential customers for new product launches and customer satisfaction initiatives.
We hope to give the succesful candidate a basic understanding of working in a busy commercial function across EMEA
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for generation of prospecting lists utilizing internal and external software
- Works together with the rest of the Inside and Field Sales teams, as well as Direct Marketing to ensure appropriate co-ordination of activities.
- Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining data into our customer relationship management database.
Preferred Educational Background
- Undergrad/BSc Level qualified in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry…)
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish or Italian is highly desirable, although not essential
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High attention to detail
- Proficient use of standard office software
- Ability to meet deadlines
This role is located in Granta Park, near Cambridge, UK, and is a 12 month internship
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.