Junior Management Accountant 2021
Immediate Live is the UK’s leading producer of unmissable consumer events; creating premium, passion-led events and experiences that connect and inspire audiences as they come together to share, learn and participate in their interests. Our specialist content creators, producers and commercial teams are as passionate about their subjects as our audiences - working together to create live experiences and online content in art and design, textiles and craft, cycling, dance, food, gardening and travel for communities throughout the UK and across the world.
As a business, we pride ourselves on our open, collaborative and dynamic culture which encourages people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
For us, it’s really important to connect with our people, particularly as we’re all remote right now. So, we’ve developed a programme of events, workshops and webinars with a rich and diverse mix of content to appeal to everyone.
As our Junior Management Accountant you look after the Immediate Live accounts. You enable managerial planning and commercial decision-making operations by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration.
You are an advisor to our managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit, as well as promoting good business practice. You possess excellent numerical and analytical abilities, a sound knowledge of the business and its markets and a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
- Liaising with and reporting to the Finance Manager. Providing full access and cooperation for review of work and reports where requested
- Providing financial information and reports to the wider Immediate Live team plus support with Access Dimensions, Adaptive Insights, Filemaker and any other required systems
- Understanding and applying Accounting principles: Accruals concept, matching concept, materiality concept
- Preparing the monthly management accounts pack, inclusive of the monthly P&L and balance sheet
- Monthly payroll processes up to the recording of journals and calculation of net pay including any commissions due
- Reviewing and correcting mistakes in the nominal ledger in a timely manner
- Managing and developing the Accounts Payable staff and processes
- Cash management
- Help in preparing the annual budget
- Improving controls and procedures
- Ad Hoc reports
A bit about you
- Actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA qualification
- As a manager, build relationships with stakeholders and be a positive ambassador for both Immediate Live and the wider finance team
- Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Previous Access Dimensions use desirable but not essential
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants.
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
As you apply, we’ll ask you to share some personal information which will help us understand how we’re doing in our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We’d really appreciate if you’d take a few moments to complete this but if you’d rather not that’s fine too.
Rest assured, we’ll treat your information confidentially.