Business Operations Industrial Placement
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
Intel has a number of exciting Business Operations internship opportunities working in our Business Management Group (BMG); BMG make it possible for our sales teams to sell and for our customers to buy. Working as part of a global team, you will be directly working with both our customers and supply teams.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and supporting customer accounts and supply requests
- Generating and reporting out on business indicators
- Understanding Intel's current and future product road-maps
- Working with internal stakeholders to balance our supply versus customer demand
- Identifying and implementing business improvements.
At the end of your internship you will have gained valuable skills, experience and understanding of how an innovative technology leader works!
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Marketing, Computer Studies, IT Management for Business, and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry (or equivalent).
Additional skills required include:
- Ability to engage with customers in a clear, professional, and responsive manner
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a self-directed environment - motivated self-starter
- Commercial business acumen
- Ability to work well in a diverse/ virtual team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly when faced with new situations and new people
- Ability to research/analyze information and communicate results/recommendations
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint would be an added advantage.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.