Retail Technical Sales Industrial Placement
At Intel, you can experience a world of opportunities. Are you passionate about technology and transforming the world? We want you to apply to join us as a part of the Retail Technical Sales team and be part of the team that influences and shapes the consumer computing products you see on the shelves and online.
You will be a big part of a small team, influencing countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The work we undertake is varied, such as:
- Building the latest Desktop PCs with yet-to-be released components
- Handling and preparing the latest notebook and mobile devices
- Working with colleagues or customers to find a technical solution to a sales or marketing problem
- Assisting the delivery of showcases and demos to a large audience of Intel's customers.
At the end of your internship you will have gained valuable skills and experience working for a dynamic innovative technology leader!
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical disciplines including Computer Science, IT, Software and Electronic Engineering. It is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
Technical skills required for the role include:
- Desktop and/or notebook hardware familiarity/practical skills
- PC hardware and software architecture familiarity
- Understanding of basic server and network architecture
- Ability to build and debug typical PC hardware and install and debug typical operating systems, including both Microsoft Windows and Google Android
- Microsoft Windows Operating System familiarity beyond that of a general user
- Programming knowledge in HTML and/or XML, scripting languages would be an advantage
- Keen personal interest in computing would be an added advantage.
Additional skills required include:
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Some experience in technology retail or a customer facing position
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame
- Ability to integrate quickly with an existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on-site presentations and demos to customers and therefore able to undertake a level of UK and International travel
- Confident working in a customer facing environment
- Project management experience
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.