Technical Specialist Sales Support Placement
Job ID: JR0188364
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Job Type: Intern
Technical Specialist Sales Support Intern
Do you want to be part of creating world-changing technology that improves the lives of every person on the planet? With Intel you can be a part of that. You will experience a world of opportunities while being supported by some of the most talented people around you, from tech experts, people leaders and mentors. If you would like to be a part of this and would like to join our UK Sales Team in a hands on role developing future computing platforms, then continue reading.
We have multiple positions for a Technical Specialist Intern supporting the team developing and creating solutions for our customers. You will be part of the UK Sales Team and contributing to the team's goals and strategy. You will be a hands-on member of the team who will specializes in the design and scale of Intel based Client, Data Centre and/or IOT solutions for a wide range of partners and customers across the UK.
Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to
- Working with customers to help them design in and/or the creation of solutions as well as supporting technical challenges with the account managers
- Gaining a deeper understanding of hardware from mobile notebooks, desktops to server, along with network architecture
- Supporting UK sales teams with new technology deployment
- Working within a global organization with teams based in multiple time zones
- Performing benchmarking and competitive analysis and reporting findings to customers
- Contributing to and eventually managing technical engagements from pre-sales inception through proof-of-concept and final deployment
- Engaging with customer technical stakeholders to help drive awareness and early adoption of new Intel technologies, platforms, and products
- There is scope for getting involved in other exciting projects outside of the day-to-day responsibilities, such as WIN (Women in Tech), Internship Newsletter, Charity work, CSR programs and many more.
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical background. The candidate should be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, and are currently in their 2nd year of studies as part of 4 years bachelor's degree or 5-year master's degree which include a year working in the industry.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to grow your knowledge and continuously learn as the role and technology evolves
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both customers and engineers
- Genuine passion for technology and a curiosity to understand how it works with a hands-on approach
- Familiarity with computer architecture hardware/software from desktop to server hardware
- Experience with programming languages such as CPython, Java and C++
- Electronics and engineering
- Knowledge or direct experience related to Cloud and the different cloud delivery models e.g. SaaS, IaaS, PaaS etc.
- Strong debugging skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Candidates must be based in the United Kingdom upon the start date of this internship, and for its entire duration. We are unable to support remote working from outside the UK.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customer voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.