Pricing and Supply Chain Analyst Intern 2021
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK Hynix. You can read more about the transaction in the press release. At deal close, this position will transition to the wholly owned subsidiary of SK Hynix.
Working as part of either the pricing or the supply team, you will be responsible for product business management and be an essential link between supply line management and customer/sales teams.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the management and balancing of backlog, allocation and supply
- Maintain excellent relationships with key supply chain stakeholders and proactively drive the factory to support urgent needs including new product launches, out of cycle commits, allocation escalations and new projects
- Managing pull-ins, remixing allocations and working resolutions directly with the division to align supply with customer demand and drive optimal customer service and inventory cost
- Ensure quality forecast input by working with Customer Business Analysts and Sales teams to meet key business deadlines through appropriate tools and solid trust-based relationships
- Passing down and ensuring supply messages are fully interpreted and communicated
- Determining whether backlog needs to be rescheduled and working an action plan accordingly through educated judgment and creative solutions
- Continuously looking to improve process and how supply in managed through providing feedback to division and the team, then going further to implement these ideas
You must be in your penultimate year of study at university, with the option to take a placement year as part of your degree
Additional Skills/experience include:
- Strong customer and stakeholder orientation and a hunger to understand the business acumen. Driven individual who is passionate about new products, solutions and markets
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, influencing, networking and communication skills. Good systems thinker, able to see the big picture and impact of own actions
- Strong work experience with Microsoft Office suite, and technology-based software tools and proven capability to learn new tools and/or systems
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Highly disciplined and results oriented individual who can balance ongoing immediate backlog management while anticipating market conditions and aligning Intel support out in the future.
- Proactive disciplined working style. Desire to take ownership and commit to results
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic and changing environment, either independently or in a team
- Good understanding and enthusiasm for the technology industry and knowledge of market trends would be an added advantage
Inside this Business Group
Employees in Intel's NVM Solutions Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.