Junior Business Analyst 2021
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes Invesco a great place to work and reflects the broad diversity of thought across our organisation. At Invesco, we offer work experiences that will inspire and challenge you.
You will be part of Investment Services EMEA Investment Operations based in our Henley-on-Thames office, and will report direct to the Investment Process & Change Senior Manager.
As a Junior Business Analyst , you will play an important role in providing support to the investment process and change initiatives within the Henley Investment Centre.
This role is key to ensure that the investment professionals within the department can focus their attention on the management of client assets by handling day-to-day issues, performing technical investigation, rectifying errors and coordinating the change programme.
The HIC benefits from the controlled and organised approach that comes from a Business Analysts toolkit, along with specialised knowledge about the industry and Front Office processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Execution of day to day activities, including ad hoc issue resolution, record keeping & reporting.
- Support the ongoing updates of IP Investment Department procedures manuals and policies.
- General administrative support within the team including – Monitoring oversight of key first line controls, data/system queries, MI reporting, BCP, breach resolution, pre / post trade compliance queries, cash / overdraft management, response to internal/external audits.
- Responsible for assisting in larger initiatives and owning small change items, throughout the project lifecycle – from collation of business case and requirements, to delivery.
- Supporting the investment teams through the project life-cycle and assisting in managing the transition to BAU, including assisting and coordinating testing.
- Management of logs to control requested enhancements and issues that arise during projects, with management through to resolution (including following transition to BAU).
Skills and Experience
- Have a confident approach to building business relationships
- Evidence of participation in a work experience scheme or programme preferred.
- Experience of managing own workload.
- Good knowledge of the full investment process: from clients investing/redeeming money through to the process of investing, settling and maintaining the client portfolio
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office required, with an understanding of advanced Excel or PowerBI being an advantage.
- Understanding or experience of analytical techniques such as SWOT, Cost Benefit, or Gap are an advantage.
- A-level or equivalent
Our commitment to you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion flexible working.
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
The Good Stuff
Joining Invesco is just the start. We focus on nurturing internal talent, offering a variety of tools to support your career advancement, including ongoing learning and development and internal career opportunities.
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organisations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
We’re driven by a passion to exceed. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment with Invesco may request this by sending an e-mail to EMEA- Talent Acquisition. Please include your name, the job you are interested in, and the type of accommodation you are requesting.