Boom Trainee Researcher
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area
Boom is one of Wales’s largest production groups. Established in 1994, it is a trusted, multi-genre company that produces over 400 hours of content annually for S4C, BBC, ITV, C4, C5 and UKTV/Dave. Its productions include Dom Delivers (BBC One); Big Zuu’s Big Eats (Dave), Meet the Experts (C5) and Priodas Pum Mil (S4C).
Through television and digital production divisions, Boom, Boom Social and Boom Kids, the group has an impressive track-record of producing award-winning factual, factual-entertainment, entertainment, drama and children’s content from its substantial headquarters in Cardiff Bay. Its facilities include 2 fully operational HD studios, a live gallery and extensive post production facilities. The group employs approximately 200 staff in Wales, and in addition to its production divisions, includes leading Welsh post-production facility, Gorilla, and Visual Effects and Motion Graphics company, BAIT Studio.
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV.
There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
Some Key Responsibilities
- Comes up with creative ideas for programmes
- Identifies suitable contributors, locations and archive material
- Researches and collates information and presents it in a clear and concise way for senior
- team members – both in writing and verbally
- Helps senior team members manage contributors through the production process; keeping them informed of schedules and filming requirements
- Prepares production materials such as social media content and promotional material to accompany the production
- Helps set up shoots: scheduling, logistics, transport and camera equipment
- On-location filming
- Pre- and Post-production paperwork
- Casting: finding contributors including experts and talent as required
- Welsh language skills are desirable
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Are you passionate about TV – and watch lots of it?
- Are you interested in people and their stories?
- Are you comfortable talking to people and are persuasive?
- Do you have a keen eye for detail and always want to get the job done?
- Do you love hard work and being part of a team?
- Do you have good general knowledge or specific knowledge of a particular subject?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these questions we’d love to hear from you. Please evidence these points in your application.