Potato Trainee Researcher
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
Renowned non-scripted producer Potato was founded by managing director Michael Kelpie in 2013 and brings together a group of highly experienced directors and producers. With a track record of producing a diverse variety of award-winning programmes, Potato has an impressive slate of engaging, entertaining and ratings-winning formats across multiple genres and broadcasters. Productions include The Chase (ITV), The Big Reunion (ITV2), Four Weddings (Sky Living), Autopsy: The Final Hours Of (Five & Reelz Channel US), Mummy Diaries (ITVBe), Ninja Warrior UK (ITV), Ant Middleton: Straight Talking (SkyOne) and Bear Grylls Survival School (CITV).
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV.
There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
Some Key Responsibilities
- Ability to contribute to brainstorming session and new ideas
- Keen consumer of popular culture, general knowledge, television trends, upcoming talent and curiosity about the TV landscape.
- Understanding of audiences and how television serves them
- Where required, assist on location or in studio and maintain clear lines of communication with all crew, cast and production team members.
- Evidence of good fact checking and research skills
- To support the label’s social media strategy
- Being proactive and good at problem solving
- Skilled at dealing with sensitive data
- Encompass a professional attitude when working with contributors and talent
- Good writing and journalistic skills with the ability to adapt to different programme formats
- Organised and deadline-focussed approach to managing workload and conciseness / attention to detail
- Resourcefulness in approaching tasks
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Demonstrable passion for content whether it be factual, factual entertainment or entertainment (known in the industry as unscripted) and to learn on the job
- Good organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to respond to changing demands in a pressured environment.
- Competent across a range of IT software including MS Office (Work, Powerpoint, Excel), Google Mail and other Google products
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently engage with a range of people such as contributors, experts and talent as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Desire to build a career in television and a proven ability to generate relevant ideas