Emergency and Critical Care Internship Birmingham 2024
As the opening date for our state-of-the-art hospital approaches, we are thrilled to invite applications from experienced candidates seeking to join us as an Emergency and Critical Care Intern within our cutting-edge multi-discipline referral hospital.
Join us from the very beginning
IVC Evidensia is proud to have established over 100 referral sites in our UK and Ireland network throughout the years. However, our newest venture, Blaise, presents a unique opportunity to be part of an extraordinary project right from its inception.
We are building from the ground up, giving you the chance to contribute to something truly special. Sustainability is at the core of our mission, and our Positive Pawprint strategy has inspired us to incorporate green and well-being initiatives into the hospital, aligning with our commitment to the environment and sustainability.
A hospital designed for excellence
Spanning an impressive 36,000 sq ft, our hospital will become one of the largest in the UK. With the capacity to treat up to 10,000 pets annually, we will provide a comprehensive range of specialist-led multi-discipline veterinary referrals and offer round-the-clock emergency care services to pet owners across the Midlands.
Conveniently located with easy access from the A38 through Longbridge, our site is an integral part of the West Longbridge regeneration project.
- You will have the opportunity to thrive in a nurturing learning environment, as well as being inspired by our industry-leading experts. This will require an Intern to be committed to integrity and ethical standards, with a strong emphasis on client and patient care.
- Interns must proactively engage in their own training and career advancements by attending pre-planned seminars, journal clubs, and local ad-hoc teaching opportunities.
- You will also be responsible for working with clinical mentors to actively take part in research projects.
- Interns will work with their supervising clinician to participate effectively in all aspects of planning, diagnosis, and treatment of cases.
- Animal welfare and the ethics of interventions must be considered by balancing practical and financial factors when determining appropriate patient care. Therefore, the ability to apply prior knowledge and experience to maintain the high clinical standards expected within our hospitals is essential.
- Interns will openly engage in case discussions with the ECC specialists, ECC residents, and senior nursing team, and should contribute to a positive, informative, respectful, and inclusive environment for all. Attention to detail, particularly with maintaining accurate records and written correspondence is also a key component of this role.
To support the day-to-day running of the hospital under the direction of the ECC service, we require the below:
- Must possess a Veterinary degree which is recognised by the RCVS.
- Be a member of the RCVS or eligible.
- Previously completed a small animal rotating internship.
- Strong communication skills.
- Professionalism, coupled with the ability to prioritise and remain calm during challenging circumstances.
We care, we dare, we share
At IVC Evidensia, our values drive everything we do. Our dedicated teams embody these values day in and day out. As we establish our new hospital, we are determined to foster this culture of compassion, innovation, and collaboration.
Investing in our people
We understand that our people are the key to our success, which is why we prioritise investing in their growth and well-being. In addition to a competitive base salary of £32,000 per annum, we offer the following benefits:
- 7.2 weeks of annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
- Your birthday as a paid day off.
- Private medical insurance.
- Enhanced sick and family-friendly policies.
- Access to numerous discounts and offers through our Pawsome benefits portal.
Join us on this exciting journey and be a part of shaping the future of veterinary care.