Registered Veterinary Nurse Abingdon 2023
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team here at Abivale Veterinary Group. We have a varied caseload, and the role includes general nursing duties, anaesthesia, radiology, ultrasonography, hospital inpatient care as we are a 24-hour emergency care provider.
The role is a 40hour week over 5 days with 8-hour shifts, 1 in 5 weekends Saturday and Sunday with TOIL for weekends worked. There is no OOH work as have a dedicated night team who cover this. Bank holidays are on a rota basis.
About our practice
At Abivale we have a range of equipment including ultrasound, x-ray, endoscope, dental x-ray, and a lab where we do a variety of inhouse blood work. We are the 24hour emergency care provider for the surrounding area and have a dedicated night team of vets and nurses.
The practice is in walking distance to the historic town centre of Abingdon, Oxfordshire. We are 15minutes away from Oxford city centre where there is lots of shops and restaurants and is a very beautiful city. There are many buses running regularly from oxford and surrounding areas to Abingdon.
Our team currently consists of 5 Vets, 7 RVN's, 2 SVN, 8 receptionists and 3 ANA's and we are also a training practice. We are a very friendly and welcoming team and would want someone proactive who also has a good sense of humour.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- Work-life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.