Registered Veterinary Nurse Luton 2024
Here at Biscot Mill Veterinary Centre, we are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with a great level of practical skills and an ability to work alone and as part of a team. The wellbeing of our team is important to us, so being a team player is a crucial attribute.
The successful candidate will be empathetic and efficient and encourage candidates with all range of experience to apply as full support will be provided by the team. Our nurses work across all nursing activities including anaesthesia and theatre, diagnostics including radiography and laboratory work, inpatient duties and nurse consultations; in addition to assisting our Veterinary Surgeons during procedures and consultations.
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Our nursing rota consists of working 40 hours per week over 5 days plus 1:3 weekends. The shifts are between 8:30am-7:30pm with Saturdays being from 8:30am-12:30pm. Out of hours is not required.
Join our experienced and collaborative team
Our Nurses work closely with our Vets and Support staff to ensure the best possible care is provided. Our Nurses are well respected and fully supported so extra training can be given to someone looking to return to nursing, or just starting their nursing career. You will be encouraged to pursue special interests and CPD. We are a Training Practice so encourage and support Nurses to be involved in Nurse training. We pride ourselves in encouraging Nurses to complete schedule 3 procedures.
We are a busy small animal town practice, with a progressive attitude that takes pride in the high standards of care that we provide. Our nursing team, led by our Head Nurse, Emily, is particularly keen on pain management and local anaesthesia techniques and is happy to share this with colleagues! We have recently invested in dental x-ray and a new dental suite, alongside the usual gadgets such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, tonopen, multiparameter monitoring equipment, blood haematology and biochemistry, bair huggers and blood pressure machines. Being in Luton we are close to the airport with fast links to London and motorways.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Michael Middleton, Talent Partner, on email@example.com or call 07977242613.