Registered Veterinary Nurse Oxford 2023
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team for a permanent position. We would like the ideal candidate to begin in November.
Duties will include assisting the veterinary surgeons with procedures, laboratory work, nurse consultations and anaesthesia management. Minimal reception work is required as our surgery is supported by a dedicated receptionist and animal nursing assistant.
Initially the shift hours will be to cover maternity leave and the hours after the maternity cover are flexible and can be discussed.
Every other Saturday morning, consulting only 9-1pm and there are no out of hours as this is provided by our hospital team.
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you.
The salary for this role is up to £29,000 depending on experience.
We are a new and growing small animal branch practice. Begbroke vets is equipped with ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental unit with digital dental x-ray, an in-house laboratory, theatre with diathermy and multi-parameter patient monitoring.
We have full support and internal referral to our main hospital in Chipping Norton if a patient requires hospitalisation.
The practice is based in north Oxford just outside Woodstock, close to Blenheim Palace and surround countryside of the Cotswolds. Excellent rail and bus links to London.
About the team and culture
Our team consists of two Veterinary Surgeons, one full time Registered Veterinary Nurse and one part time Veterinary Nurse. We also have a dedicated receptionist and one full time Animal Nursing Assistant.
The practice provides care for north Oxford, the surrounding villages and our local RSCPA centre. We are a growing practice, and so are looking for a candidate to cover maternity but stay to join our practice on a permanent contract.
Our ideal candidate must be a Registered Veterinary Nurse. This role will involve sole charge alongside the support of the veterinary surgeons and so the candidate would ideally be confident to manage anaesthesia and patient care.
We are looking for a friendly and approachable person to provide excellent care to our clients and their pets.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.