Registered Veterinary Nurse Watford 2023
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team. Our nurses are well respected and valued, working closely with our team of Vets and support staff. We work as a cohesive team to ensure the best possible care is given. The role covers all areas of nursing to include theatre, ward, pharmacy and nurse clinics. We encourage and support our nurses to pursue particular areas of interest. Many of our nurses currently have a variety of interests which include exotics and behaviour.
Full or Part time hours would be considered.
Full time hours are 38 hours a week, working 4 days between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Weekends are 1 in 4 and 1 in 12 Saturday mornings. Our out of hours is covered by Vets Now and we employ staff to care for our inpatients overnight.
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you.
Up to £30,000 depending on experience.
Park Veterinary Centre is a well-established first opinion practice, with roots in Hertfordshire going back over 100 years. We are a training practice and hold RVCS GP status. We offer Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, Ultrasound, Digital X-Ray as well a range of monitoring equipment. We are situated in Watford which is surrounded by beautiful countryside, while also having easy access to train stations, with London approximately 35 minutes away.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse who shares our passion for animals, has good practical skills and enjoys working in a busy practice.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 2 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.