Small Animal Graduate Veterinary Surgeon Worcester 2024
Shape your journey!
No matter where your passion in veterinary medicine lies, the IVC Evidensia Graduate Academy programme offers a comprehensive and tailored learning experience to support you in achieving your potential. Are you a recent or soon-to-be veterinary graduate looking to embark on a successful and fulfilling career in veterinary medicine?
Shape your journey to veterinary excellence with our Graduate Academy programme. Unlock your potential through practical and online CPD courses and development opportunities. Feel empowered with mentor and well-being support, alongside a host of benefits and rewards. Find support and inspiration, with our global network of peers and professionals ready and waiting to welcome you.
Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
Unlock your passions at Stocks Vets
Stocks Vets is a wonderful practice located in a beautiful part of Worcestershire, with the Malvern Hills to the west and the Cotswolds to the east. There are good links to motorways with Bristol and Birmingham airports within an hour's drive.
Our team is well established and long standing with a very low staff turnover. We are ideally positioned to support a new graduate and actively encourage and fund certificates. We have 9 Vets, 8 RVNs, and SVNs, and a VCA with eight support staff. The team are very supportive of one another, both clinically and personally.
We are advocates for the RSPCA, Dogs Trust, Cats Protection, GDBA and several other charities. We hold a Christmas event every year and team members regularly meet up for social engagements.
Upton is a ISFM Silver accredited practice with separate dog and cat waiting areas, three consulting rooms and separate dog and cat wards. There is a large prep area and separate theatre with with piped oxygen to all clinical areas. We have an in-house lab, laparoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound, digital x-rays and dental x-rays.
We regularly have visiting orthopaedic, soft tissue and ultrasound specialists which allows Vets and Nurses to gain experience in more complex cases. Our branch practice at Lower Wick has two consulting rooms, a prep area and separate theatre.
Within the Vet team, we have certificate holders in Medicine and Feline Medicine. We also have 1 Nurse medical certificate holder and 1 Nurse surgery certificate in progress.
Step into a supportive start
Your normal hours of work are 40 hours per week. Due to the particular needs of the business we need to operate a rota system, therefore there are no normal times of work applicable to you and your daily hours, start and finish times will vary from time to time on a rota system. The rota operates Monday to Friday inclusive. In addition, you will also be required to participate in a weekend rota and out of hours rota.
Our existing team of Vets have over 115 years of experience between them, many of whom have been with the practice since they graduated. We have successfully supported many new graduates, with some remaining with us to the present day. The current VetGDP adviser is a clinical director who is an internal medicine certificate holder. The rota for new graduates is tailored to ensure they have constant backup while their confidence and experience grows.
We Are IVC Evidensia
We are committed to supporting you in shaping your journey to reach your potential, whatever your career aims. That’s why, our graduate academy programme has been developed to offer you:
- Comprehensive learning
- Take your career to the next level with our comprehensive blended learning programme, with a choice of streams to fit your career dreams.
- Global Network
- Build lifelong connections with our global community of veterinary professionals, and the opportunity to work at locations across our network as your career progresses.
- CPD and development
- Unlock your passions with exciting CPD and development opportunities, including access to apply for the IVC Evidensia Research Fund.
- Gain invaluable experience and support from a dedicated mentor who cares about your progression.
- Feel empowered with our wellbeing support offering.
Discover a host of benefits and rewards, including a competitive salary starting from £34k. A rewarding career – it’s yours for the taking. We offer excellent employee benefits, as we believe that our people do their best work when they feel comfortable, nurtured, and valued:
- Year 1 salary from £34,000 increasing to year 2
- No financial tie-in
- 5 weeks holiday every year, not including bank holidays, plus 1 day birthday leave
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health and wellbeing – you’ll get free eye tests and discounted gym membership.
- ‘Pawsome’ benefits and rewards scheme, plus a great discount on pet care
- Employee assistance programme - we all have times in our life when we need a little extra support, which is why we offer a comprehensive employee assistance programme, including access to support.
- Professional memberships – we cover the cost of your RCVS renewal fees and other memberships.
We know how committed you’ve been throughout your studies now let us help you create the perfect launch pad to a bright career. Join us on this exciting journey, and let's shape the future of veterinary care together.
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.