Small Animal Rotating Internship Manchester 2024
Vets Now is excited to announce the opening of applications for our Small Animal Rotating Internship at our prestigious Manchester hospital.
This 13-month programme is crafted for qualified veterinary surgeons, especially new or recent graduates, providing a robust foundation for those aspiring to pursue discipline-specific training or keen to gain confidence in their clinical case management.
- Salary of £32,000.
- VDS and RCVS registration fees covered.
- Rotating through various referral services in 2-4 weekly blocks.
- Allocated time for externships.
- Active involvement in out-of-hours emergency care with primary case responsibility, supported by an experienced team.
- Diverse caseload with direct and indirect case management responsibilities.
- 7 weeks annual leave and your birthday off.
- 13-month duration.
- 4-week induction period involving didactic teaching, practical workshops and an introduction to services including an overlap with the outgoing intern group.
- Weekly didactic seminars and extensive in-house CPD opportunities.
- RCVS Knowledge Library membership.
- VECCS membership for one year.
- Basic and Advanced Life Support RECOVER online training.
- Additional allowance to be used on CPD of your choosing.
- A clinical mentor to support your learning pathway and internship experience, in addition to an RCVS Vet GDP mentor for new graduates.
- Opportunity for continued employment within our network of 60+ out-of-hours clinics or two 24/7 emergency and speciality hospitals across the UK after completing the internship.
About the opportunity
We seek interns committed to learning and development, working in a collegial environment, emphasising client and patient care. Proactive engagement in training, participating in seminars, journal clubs and local teaching opportunities is essential. Interns will actively contribute to research projects and work closely with clinical mentors.
Your journey starts here
Are you ready for an extraordinary internship experience? To apply, candidates must posses a recognised Veterinary Degree, and be or have eligibility to be a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Eligible candidates should also have the right to work in the UK and possess the required Visa documents. Please apply via the application link or email your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please highlight as part of your application which role you are applying for and, if you have a preference, which location you would like to work in.
- Application open date: 30th October 2023
- Application closing date: 2nd February 2024
- Interview dates: 19th February 2024 to the 23rd February 2024
- Starting date: Monday 1st July 2024