Air Quality Consultant Graduate 2021
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an Air Quality Consultant / Graduate to join our growing air quality team. Ideally located within commuting distance of our London, Manchester or Leeds office, with home working options.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Working as part of our air quality team to deliver specialist inputs in support of environmental assessments for a wide range of projects, primarily in the highways, infrastructure, industrial and energy sectors. This work can include air quality monitoring, desk-based assessments, data analysis and dispersion modelling;
- Producing and checking calculations and reports;
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, clients and environmental regulators;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve problems related to assessments and project delivery, including developing tools to assist the team;
- Helping project managers with document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks;
- Assisting with business development tasks, including writing or contributing to bids and proposals;
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards on specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A Master’s degree, ideally in an environmental or atmospheric science related subject;
- Strong mathematical ability;
- An understanding of air quality impacts associated with road transport and other infrastructure developments and industrial operations;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and guidance;
- Good organisational skills;
- Strong team working capabilities, as well as the confidence to take responsibility for smaller tasks allocated to you on a more individual basis;
- Experience of relevant software such as GIS or ADMS-Roads;
- Ability to initiate remote communication;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound knowledge of standard IT programs;
- Strong attention to detail, and an ability to apply knowledge in practice;
- A focus on results and project delivery; and
- A full UK driving license.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.