Junior Probabilistic Assessment Engineer Knutsford 2021
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Please note, this role could be delivered from many of our offices in the UK (Cheshire, Gloucestershire, Glasgow) with the opportunity to travel to client sites, as required. Home / remote working is also available and considered appropriate as we continue to face the challenges of COVID 19. Consideration can also be given in respect to part time & flexible working hours.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Junior Probabilistic Assessment (PSA) Engineer to join our Critical Mission Solutions International (CMS-I) business. The Jacobs’ CMS-I business supports clients across the Nuclear Lifecycle. Our customers who require a solution based approach to support their challenges and key projects include:
- Prospective licensees, reactor designers and vendors
- Nuclear site operators
- Industry bodies and regulators
- Research institutions
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised by our clients and our technical excellence and strong client relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas. What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues, and clients, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of team members to meet our evolving customer needs. You will also be supported to develop your skills and experience as well as offered opportunities to build a successful career and lead technical teams, taking responsibility for project delivery through support from colleagues.
For anyone joining Jacobs as a Junior Probabilistic Assessment (PSA) Engineer, the key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and maintaining PSA and Safety documentation in line with international best practice and regulatory expectations.
- Liaising with customers to develop relationships, understand their challenges and developing and presenting solutions.
- Performing PSA studies to support customer safety cases
- Representing the business in technical meetings with clients, regulators and other third parties.
- Supporting the development of contract proposals and tenders to address customers’ needs and demonstrate value.
- Maintaining the technical capability/knowledge of the community and mentoring junior team members
- Delivering work to agreed budgets and timescales to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continuing to develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise
Here’s What You’ll Need
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline.
- Technical knowledge of their discipline with an ability to make good engineering judgement whilst acknowledging limitations of knowledge.
- Understand Safety Assessment Principles and their role and application to modern standards safety case preparation.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of Probabilistic Safety Analysis – including analysis of reliability data, Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and associated software – in the civil nuclear, defence or high consequence sectors
- Ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner.
- Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally including the ability to lead discussions with customers to understand their challenges, develop and present solutions.
- Adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects, prioritising as appropriate.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.