Project Controls Graduate 2022
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our ES&T business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
What you’ll be doing
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future -today.
Our programme is recognised as one of the best in our industry and is accredited with several professional science and engineering institutes.
The programme consists of two years structured development followed by a three year career development phase towards chartership. The programme is structured to provide you with the necessary technical skills and business acumen to advance your career.
Project Control is the analytical process used to manage project time and cost, enabling informed decision-making, and ultimately project success. Our Project Controls Graduates play a key supporting role in the delivery of our services to our clients. Working alongside Project Managers and/or Project Controls Managers, you will be responsible for gathering, sorting, analyising and presenting a wide variety of information and project data. Your responsibliies will include planning and scheduling; estimating; cost control; change control; risk management and document management. The role doesn’t require any prior knowledge or experience in these specific areas, as you’ll learn through the programme, but you do need an anaytlical mind, methodical approach and a desire to positively influence project outcomes.
For all graduates following our programme, we offer
- On-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider technical and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced professionals
- A strong mentoring culture, with each graduate assigned a dedicated mentor, a graduate buddy and a line manager/ supervisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development
- At least one UK rotation, with opportunities to work on customer sites as well as in our offices.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- You must have a minimum 2:2 Bachelor’s degree with demonstrable project experience (i.e. through a summer placement or job). This can be a predicted grade if you are applying in your final year of study.
- A technical or engineering degree is not strictly required for role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong numeracy, analytical acumen and computer literacy; awareness of good data visualisation principles
- You must be able to demonstrate a passion for your chosen subject that goes beyond the ordinary and have a genuine interest in nuclear energy and/or the defence sector.
- You must be prepared to work anywhere in the UK at any point in the scheme, with a number of rotations
- You must have experience of working in a technical and/or customer facing environment (for example summer job/ placement)
- You must have the right to work in the UK before you apply for this position. Minimum security checks will need to be satisfied and for some roles additional security clearances will be required.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have
- Proven communication skills; both verbally and written
- Demonstrated a previous interest in working in the Engineering Sector
- Full driving licence
We want you to have unlimited learning opportunities and space for growth in order for you to work towards the next stage of your career.
Jacobs require innovation, whether that be technology enabled or not, it requires us to use our ‘Essential Skills’ as well as our technical skills and experiences to positively disrupt and innovate.
It will be our Curiosity, Innovative thinking and Adaptability that allows us to embrace change, it will be our Empathy and Listening capability that allow us to truly understand our client’s requirements.
As we learn to automate some of the activities it will be these ‘Essentials’ that will allow us to offer competitive advantage over our clients and prepare us for the future. We believe that ‘The Essentials’ are the foundation for all of us, to equip us with not just the human skills that allow us to embrace change and bring world class innovation to our clients but also that allow us to explore and shape diverse and creative career opportunities in Jacobs.
Recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice our Graduate Development Programme offers a structured approach to Continuous Professional Development. You’ll benefit from learning that complements chartership progression that will provide both the technical skills, behavioural competencies and business acumen you require to create your future.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.