Stakeholder Engagement & Communications Graduate Programme Birmingham 2022
Come join our growing Stakeholder Engagement team at Jacobs. We are hiring across the UK & Ireland for a variety of roles on a range of exciting and high-profile projects. Jacobs has a large portfolio of long-term contracts working on some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile infrastructure projects and we want to grow our Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team to meet this ever-increasing portfolio of projects. Our team is delivering projects from concept stage through to construction and we are looking for enthusiastic, adaptable staff to join this highly successfully team.
The successful person will join a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects both locally and internationally. The Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team sits within our Water and Environment business and you will work as part of a diverse and highly skilled team of specialists and engineers, providing support and advice to a wide range of clients. The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of comprehensive and innovative communications, public consultation sand stakeholder engagement activities across a range of national infrastructure projects. There will be opportunities to experience different roles within the business aimed at developing your career.
The role will include
- Supporting the Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team by proactively engaging with community groups, businesses and other stakeholders, face-to-face and on the phone, on a day to day basis;
- Assisting in producing high quality editorial copy, press releases, reports, publications and engagement supporting materials;
- Supporting the public consultation process, representing projects at information days and assisting with submissions analysis and report writing;
- Supporting event management (some evening/weekend working may be required);
- Liaison across various organisations/functions;
- Organising, attending and recording meetings with a range of stakeholders;
- Monitoring and responding to stakeholder queries through various channels;
- Media monitoring; and
- Populating Stakeholder Engagement Management (SEM) Systems.
Here’s what you'll need
- A degree or equivalent qualification in communications, public relations or similar discipline;
- Degrees in technical disciplines that align with the business such as engineering, planning, or environmental science, will also be considered;
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with good attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Motivation to own the work to ensure on-time completion;
- The ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team;
- A willingness to embrace and grasp complex subjects quickly;
- Fully comfortable dealing with people, enjoy public interaction and be a good listener;
- The ability to travel for associated work; and
- A commitment to continuous professional development (CPD)
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have
- Proven communication skills; both verbally and written
- Interest in the planning process and delivering communications programmes for large-scale infrastructure projects
- Strong organisational and Office 365 Suite skills
- Full driving licence
We want you to have unlimited learning opportunities and space for growth in order for you to work towards the next stage of your career.
Recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice our Graduate Development Programme offers a structured approach to Continuous Professional Development. You’ll benefit from learning that complements chartership progression that will provide both the technical and business acumen you require to create your future.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.