Junior Ops Engineer 2021
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
To support, maintain and advance the Jagex worldwide operational infrastructure, as well as the Jagex in-house development infrastructure - under the direction of the Senior Operations Engineers, Lead Operations Engineer, and the Ops Engineering Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Installation and upkeep of all physical data center premises
- Network troubleshooting
- Linux server installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Support of the Jagex Operational Systems (game servers, web servers, back-end systems, etc.)
- Support of the Jagex Development Systems (code/asset repositories, build systems, Linux workstations, etc.)
- Basic Database Administration
- Day-to-Day BAU Administration (user management, Linux workstation and network support, etc.)
Skills & Knowledge
- A good understanding of Linux Operating Systems (with an aspiration to develop into excellence)
- A good understanding of Computer Networks (with an aspiration to develop into excellence)
- A basic understanding of Information Security
- A basic understanding of Database Administration
- A basic understanding of Storage Area Networks
- A good understanding of Computer Science, or Software Development Processes
- Excellent Communication and Team-working Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Cool under pressure
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.