FPGA Engineer Internship 2021
We are looking to hire an FPGA Engineer Intern with experience in both software and hardware design to work on FPGA-based applications.
We're big believers in the ability of tools to make programming faster, more pleasant, and more reliable. We think the same is true for hardware design, and we're looking for people with experience in hardware design who are interested in using programming language technology to improve the process of designing, testing and validating hardware designs.
Your intern projects will predominantly involve OCaml & Hardcaml, for both RTL design and testing/integration.
If you’d like to get an idea how we design and test our FPGAs and how the process of designing hardware can be improved by applying lessons from software engineering check out our OCaml All The Way Down talk and Programmable Hardware podcast episode.
The role involves building FPGA applications from concept to a working design. You will:
- Be comfortable with a software programming language.
- Have experience with a Hardware Description (or Construction) language (VHDL, Verilog, Chisel, Pymtl or other), for both writing and testing hardware designs.
- Have experience working with FPGA vendor tools - Vivado or Quartus.
- Have built a working FPGA project through academic, professional, or personal project experience.
- An interest in learning how to use using FPGAs in the context of networking.
We don’t expect you to have experience with functional programming, OCaml, or finance; we’re happy to hire talented engineers who are excited to approach hardware design with a software engineering mindset and teach them what they need to know.
Please note that while we're working remotely right now, we're hoping to to host our 2021 internships back in the London office if public health conditions allow.