ESG Analyst London 2022
We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 2 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
Why work for us?
Janus Henderson is a leading global active asset manager. We exist to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. Our team exemplifies our values of putting clients first, acting like owners and succeeding as a team. Our culture is high-energy, collaborative, and forward-thinking with opportunities to grow in an exciting career. We invite you to consider joining our dynamic team!
- Reporting to Head of Fixed Income ESG, this is an exciting opportunity to become part of a fast-growing area of Fixed Income at Janus Henderson globally
- Working with different investment desks within Fixed Income, you will be involved with supporting the team’s ESG initiatives and projects from the data perspective, see them come to light, often being at the centre of such initiatives and activities
- You will provide support with ESG data reports, analysis and screening as part of the process of launching new ESG strategies
- You will provide ongoing data support in producing necessary ESG reports for consultants and clients on Fixed Income strategies and mandates
- You will work closely with the Fixed Income desks to design and provide subsequent ongoing maintenance of any proprietary data gap models for use by the team
- You will participate in the Fixed Income ESG work with the ESG data team and the firmwide ESG data project to help create solutions for supporting the Fixed Income team’s ESG efforts
- You will provide client reporting support on ESG related matters
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
What to expect when you join our firm
- Hybrid working and reasonable accommodations
- Generous Holiday policies
- Paid volunteer time to step away from your desk and into the community
- Support to grow through professional development courses, tuition/qualification reimbursement and more
- All-inclusive approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Maternal/paternal leave benefits and family services
- Complimentary subscription to Headspace – the mindfulness app
- Corporate membership to ClassPass and other health and well-being benefits
- All employee events
- Lunch allowance for use within subsidized onsite canteen
Must have skills
- Awareness of ESG in investments
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work independently
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Learning mindset with intellectual curiosity
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility to deliver projects on time and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task, organise and assimilate large amounts of information quickly
- Willingness to go the extra mile to create solutions and achieve results
Nice to have skills
- Graduate with BSc / MSc preferred
- Experience of ESG in investments
- Knowledge of coding/programming (Python, SQL, Bloomberg)
- Knowledge of PowerB or Tableau
Potential for growth
- Leadership development programs
- Regular training
- Career development services
- Continuing education courses
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Annual Bonus Opportunity: Position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus award from the profit pool. The profit pool is funded based on Company profits. Individual bonuses are determined based on Company, department, team and individual performance.
Benefits: Janus Henderson is committed to offering a comprehensive total rewards package to eligible employees that includes; competitive compensation, pension/retirement plans, and various health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits.