Junior Project Manager 2021
At JCDecaux you'll be part of the world's No. 1 outdoor advertising company. It all started 50 years ago, when Jean-Claude Decaux had an idea that would change cities across the world - to provide and maintain bus shelters free of charge - paid for by the advertising posters displayed on them.
JCDecaux UK reaches millions of people every day with products and services that enhance people's lives, spark conversations and brighten cityscapes. We enable iconic brands and household names to engage with their customers in a unique way whilst helping to shape the look and feel of cities across the world. Our talented people contribute across a wide range of roles; ensuring our clients are connecting with the right audience in major airports, shopping malls, on the high street, at railway stations, supermarkets and creative media spaces.
The Project team is an enthusiastic, fast paced team who thrive on delivering “best in class” digital and traditional media opportunities.
The team is responsible for the design and build of some of the world’s most iconic media installations. We have a hugely experienced project management team responsible for overseeing the installation of digital and traditional advertising products across Rail, Retail, Airport and Roadside environments.
The Junior Project Manager in London is responsible to assist the Project Managers and Senior Project Manages on design and construction projects as well as managing their own smaller projects as seen fit by the Manager of Small Format Projects.
What you'll be doing
- Manage multiple small projects simultaneously throughout their whole lifecycle, ensuring Process Documents, Project Schedules & Purchase Orders are maintained.
- To manage Project budgets and programmes, delivering on time and within budget.
- To oversee the quality and H&S aspects of contractors builds for projects on site (this will involve night and possible weekend works).
- Brief suppliers, request quotations and present back accurate proposals on-brief and within requested timescales.
- All duties involved in the internal and external approval process, maintaining project paperwork, project deliverables and IT systems. This will include, handling telephone/email enquiries, internal and external meetings, and inspection / site tours.
- To develop good working relationships with our contractors to ensure best value and best service always from our designers and contractors.
- Perform FRM109a checks with Contractors to ensure safe working on site.
- To develop knowledge of construction, engineering, digital, on site working and H&S.
- To work alongside and assist the Project Managers and Senior Project Manages to assist and manage projects from initiation to completion.
A little bit about you
- Experience in construction/engineering project management and/or admin is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Project Management process.
- Basic understanding of operational processes and basic health and safety documentation (RAMS etc.)
- Knowledge of occupational Health & Safety is of benefit.
- Process agreeable - Understand the value of process & how it benefits all.
- Awareness of safety and quality principles.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office e.g. Outlook, Excel (macros, pivot tables) & PowerPoint.
A little bit more about us
There are a number of reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are inclusive, fair and family friendly
- We believe that diversity of thought, experience and background provides the platform for great creativity
- We value and support our people and believe our people make the difference
- We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture and positive employee experience
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or any reasonable adjustment that requires accommodation, please contact us.