Human Resources Internship 2021
Jefferies Group LLC is the largest independent, global, full-service investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S. Focused on serving clients for nearly 60 years, Jefferies is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, advisory, sales and trading, research and wealth management services across all products in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
What you can expect
Jefferies Summer Interns have the unique opportunity to gain insight into a global, client-focused investment bank and experience an entrepreneurial environment where employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and are rewarded for performance. You’ll be exposed to Jefferies’ full range of products and leading industry expertise. Our lean team structure will not only provide you with unparalleled hands-on experience, it will help you develop lasting personal and professional relationships with peers and senior professionals that will serve as the foundation for a successful career.
Following an enriching orientation and training program, Summer Interns will begin working on their day-to-day responsibilities, with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors throughout the 10-week engagement. Jefferies’ collegial program also offers a series of social and educational events to further enhance your professional development and grow your network. As a way to help maximize your experience with us, Summer Interns receive formal performance reviews.
What we look for in a candidate
We look for candidates who are eager to make an impact by doing real, hands-on work. Successful Jefferies Summer Interns are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism together with strong written and verbal communication skills. The work is fast paced, challenging and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate.
In addition to working on projects that incorporate research, human capital planning and recommendations, Summer Interns are challenged to think creatively, offer their input, and add value to the team from day one. As with everyone at Jefferies, Summer Interns are expected to pursue their projects with excellence, a collaborative spirit, and with the highest levels of integrity.
- Support HR and recruitment projects from a project/event coordination, communication and implementation perspective. May include researching external best practices and identification of recommendations. This includes coordinating with multiple individuals across the organization while adhering to project deadlines.
- Provide support for various HR initiatives as assigned. Be willing to help wherever needed to ensure success across the teams. Help identify opportunities to enhance our programs and processes.
- Penultimate year undergraduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate to all levels
- Positive attitude and desire to learn and grow
- High energy
- Superior judgment, professionalism, poise, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness.