Technology Internship 2021
Jefferies Group LLC is the largest independent, global, full-service investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S. Focused on serving clients for nearly 60 years, Jefferies is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, advisory, sales and trading, research and wealth management services across all products in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
Our Summer Internship Programme
An excellent opportunity has arisen to participate in a summer internship program within Jefferies International Limited, Technology Department. Interns will be invited to spend 12-weeks with us, to further their understanding of how technology underpins an investment bank.
What you can expect
Exposure: You will be given exposure to multiple teams within the Technology function where you will be able to make an impact with the work that you do.
Experience: The variety of work and exposure to Senior Management will provide you with valuable experience for your future career.
Training: Immediately upon joining, you will benefit from on the job training and have the ability to develop your technical and soft skill capabilities.
Network: Through networking with peers and senior leaders in a flat structure, you will build a strong support network.
What we look for in a candidate
- Technical skills is a distinct advantage
- Exposure to scripting language is an advantage but not essential (SQL, Java)
- Analytical and good attention to detail
- Understanding of basic technical terms
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and in an organised manner to meet deadlines
- Finance and accounting knowledge is an advantage but not essential