Pan EMEA Research & Strategy GIS Internship 2021
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 92,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honoured to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Desired skills and experience for this job
- Graduate, masters, or 3rd year student of any GIS related discipline.
- Understanding of ArcGIS suite (desktop, server and online) or similar (QGIS)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS extensions such as Network Analyst and Spatial Analyst.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of SQL for data manipulation.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills applied to GIS and spatial analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail, organised and effectively manage workload
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work on own initiative.
- Technically competent with GIS software, data management, manipulation, and analysis.
- Ability to select and apply a wide range of GIS methodologies for spatial modelling, monitoring and problem solving.
- Team player and adaptable.
- Interest in the real estate sector.
- Interest in open source GIS and data.
- Experience in using BI packages (PowerBI or Tableau)
- Interest in 3D modelling in GIS
- Awareness of the latest online mapping and visualization tools.
- Support locational advisory functions for all GIS resources within EMEA Research.
- Support research outputs and client work where GIS capabilities are required.
- Assist working on data collection, preparation of case studies and GIS documentation.