Plant Administration Placement Skipton 2024
We’re currently offering the opportunity for an undergraduate placement student to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in Plant, working in our Plant Department at our Head Office in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
This is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of plant and how it plays an important role in keeping a busy, fast-paced business running. The role will grow over the year and, as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in great stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work thereafter.
Our busy plant team are responsible for keeping our sites moving. They manage our substantial fleet of plant and vehicles, and work closely with operations to help us deliver projects on time.
What you’ll do
- Liaise with Site Managers and hire companies to move plant, vehicles and machinery to and from site.
- Form part of the plant hire service desk, being reactive to the needs and requirements of our live sites across the UK.
- Learn key negotiation skills and then implement them, engaging with various stakeholders to help us drive value.
- You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree with an industrial placement and be eligible to work in the UK.
- We are willing to review applications for any individual studying a degree in business, supply chain and plant or similar related courses.
- The ability to work in a busy office - handling multiple tasks at once - working under pressure but in a light-hearted manner.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organisation skills.
- Good IT skills - you must be IT literate.
- Confidence, self-motivated and a strong work ethic.
- You must be confident, organised and have a natural ability to communicate effectively.
At JN Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary and our core benefits include:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health cash plan
- A fantastic placement program
- Opportunity to be sponsored in your final year and return to us as a graduate
Ready to apply? Click apply and upload your CV. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch. The closing date for this position will be Friday 27th October 2023.
About JN Bentley
As a business we directly employ over 1800 people, which includes a large site-based weekly resource – something that sets us apart.
We delivered close to £300 million worth of work in 2022, with turnover set to rise to £400 million by the end of 2023 – delivered by JN Bentley and our two design and build businesses: Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) and JBA Bentley (JBAB).
As a business we work hard to develop lasting relationships with our clients, and our business has grown largely from repeat work. Our philosophy is simple – construction is about providing a service and as such we always work collaboratively and flexibly with our clients in a spirit of openness and honesty.
We believe that this positive approach to project management with clients has contributed greatly to our on-going successes. We pride ourselves on working with our clients to find innovative solutions to traditional construction problems and applying the latest technology to drive efficiencies and reduce waste – without compromising on quality.
Our ethos, experience and systems are ideal for ensuring the successful delivery of projects and programmes of work with clients of all sizes through both framework agreements and traditionally-procured projects.
Equality, equity, diversity & inclusion
At JN Bentley Ltd we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace where everyone feels included, has the opportunity to thrive, and is treated with respect. So, if you don’t meet every single requirement for this role but still feel excited about it, we encourage you to apply anyway as you may be the right candidate for this or other roles that we have available.
We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment practices are barrier-free and as inclusive as possible. This includes making adjustments during the job application process and throughout your future career with us. Please email email@example.com if you have any further enquiries. You can read more about our Equal Opportunities Policy here: https://www.mottmacbentley.co.uk/an-equal-opportunities-employer.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.