Consumer Sales & Marketing Graduate Programme 2021
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
With worldwide Consumer segment sales in 2019 at $13.9 billion (growing 1.4%) J&J is among the world’s leading consumer health companies. Our Consumer Goods business boasts a portfolio of iconic brands: Calpol, Nicorette, Listerine, Johnsons Baby, Neutrogena and Aveeno, to name but a few! We’re proud to know that our products help more than 1.2 billion people live healthier lives, every day from their very first day. By joining us, you’ll be part of a business that drives innovation and pushes boundaries for sake of improving lives.
Developing future leaders
Are you looking to fast track your career? Gain breadth through exposure to different business functions? Work with iconic brands that have a positive impact on people’s lives?
We believe in offering graduates real jobs that span across a range of business functions. You’ll learn how to build brands creatively, strategically and commercially. Our programme is fast paced and designed to give you the best possible start you can have to a career in Consumer Goods. We aren’t just recruiting graduates - we’re building the future leaders of our organisation.
Our graduate scheme encompasses three functional rotations across two years. The aim is to give you experience across Marketing and Sales as well as exposure to a more specialist role such as Digital, Ecommerce, Shopper Marketing or Category Management. There is no standard career path; roles are diverse, exciting, and designed to give you a holistic experience of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to add value quickly and develop the skills needed to accelerate your career.
All graduates will experience a best in class training programme, with a mix of formal training and on the job support to help you maximise your potential. Our graduates also benefit from a mentor and buddy system, and regular exposure to senior leaders within the business.
Example duties and responsibilities
- Building & executing plans to drive brand & category growth
- Supporting with shaping brand, category and retailer strategies, based on insights and consumer behaviour
- Managing projects within the limits of time and budget, delivering value to the business
- Performing sales & competitor analysis to enable ongoing business tracking
- Engaging media agencies to develop and execute plans, including targeted digital marketing plans
- Developing new creative content and influencer/ PR plans
- Shaping e-commerce strategies by working alongside retailers, content & media agencies and with partners such as Amazon
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with valued J&J customers
- Presenting our current product portfolio and plans for the future to customers
- Planning & executing promotional strategies and business forecasting
What we’re looking for?
At J&J we look for passionate individuals who can understand how to best collaborate with a diverse range of people and build great working relationships. You should be open to new challenges and adaptable. Working in an environment that’s constantly changing, you need to show that you can be a flexible and adaptable team player. Coupled with this we look for the following key skills:
- Strong analytical & organisational skills
- Creative thinker, with strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communicator with effective influencing skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to identify opportunities
- A desire to challenge the status quo
Requirements of the role
- A recognised bachelors degree qualification at a 2:1 or above.
- Right to live and work in the UK for the full duration of the role
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 25th July, but could close earlier if we receive too many applications