Graduate Trainee Sales Specialist South 2021
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
About Johnson & Johnson Vision
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, a division of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health around the world. Through our operating companies, we deliver innovation that enables eye care professionals to create better outcomes for patients throughout their lives, with products and technologies that address unmet needs including refractive error, cataracts and dry eye. In communities with greatest need, we work in collaboration to broaden access to quality eye care, and we are committed to helping people see better, connect better and live better.
To learn and grow as a Sales Professional within Johnson & Johnson by following a trainee programme where you will receive 6 months of best-in-class training. You will go through full product and sales skills training as well as ongoing support through classroom, online and mentoring from individuals who are currently in field based roles.. Once you have completed your training programme you will have responsibility for maintaining and developing relationships with your accounts across your region.
Summary of the role
You will form part of a well-established territory sales team, with further support provided from teams in head office i.e Marketing, Commercial Support and Commercial Excellence. Accounts will be designated to you dependent on the local needs of the business and the products you will be trained on. As the Sales Specialist, you will work with your accounts and look to meet the changing demands of modern cataract surgery and facilitate improved patient outcomes. Customer Relationships and people development are fundamental to the success of this role. When you are both confident and ready, there will be an expectation to attend live operations and be on hand to offer expert product advice to healthcare professionals.
Flexible location & Travel Required
- As part of the Trainee programme, you will need to be flexible about location within the South of the UK, as permanent opportunities will be based on specific territorial and business needs.
- Travel within your region – this is a field-based role and you will visit your hospitals daily. Our Training Centres are at Pinewood Campus, Ettlingen and the Vision Experience Centre (VEC) in Barcelona where training sessions will be held.
Key Skills & Competencies
- The ability to influence through effective communication
- A Growth Mind-set
- A patient centric approach, prioritising ethical leadership
- Ability to navigate digital technology and utilise data analytics
- A high degree of resilience and self-belief
- Suitability for spending a significant amount of time in the operating theatre
- The emotional maturity to build relationships based on trust and respect
The tangible skills
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum level of 2.1, preferably in a Business or Scientific Discipline or a Scientific discipline such as Medical Engineering or Biology, or Biomedical Science.
- Evidence of high achievements of through either academic or extra-curricular activities
- Full, clean driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK
- Willingness to relocate during the first year of programme
- We look for passionate individuals who can understand how to best collaborate with people to build great working relationships.
- Working in an environment that’s constantly changing, you need to show that you can be a flexible and adaptable teammate.
- Your capacity for sheer hard work, dedication and self-belief will reflect your confidence, self-drive and highly competitive yet customer-centric approach.
What’s in it for you
- 6 Months training – an incredible career springboard with a global leader in its field, underpinned by a comprehensive mentoring scheme and an extensive development programme.
- Competitive salary + Car + Defined Benefit Pension + Commission
- 5 Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Days where you get to give back to your community
- 25 days holiday
- Gym on site / reimbursement of Gym Fees #healthiestworkforce
- Ongoing personal development conversations
- Unlimited online training support
- Lunch allowance
This Trainee role is part of our talent development strategy, which will set you up and build foundational competencies that will hold you in good stead for the rest of your career. Support is at a hand at every stage of the journey, providing you with the opportunity to flourish and develop in the role.
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 20th June but could close earlier if we receive too many applications