Graduate Trainee Technical Specialist Midlands 2021
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Biosense Webster is the market leader in the highly specialised field of cardiac electrophysiology. We provide a 3D navigation device for the heart (“CARTO”) and related devices for the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats) that are used by Clinicians in Cardiac Catheter Labs in hospitals throughout the world. We have a strong product pipeline and continually invest in this highly innovative and exciting area of cardiology.
As Trainee Technical Specialist, you will be aligned with a geographical region and you will be assigned a number of hospitals that you will spend time in throughout your working week. Your main responsibilities will include training Electrophysiologists and Technicians within the Cardiac Catheter Labs on how our CARTO system, and related devices, work. You will also support cases clinically and have ownership for running the CARTO system for these cases.
You will be tasked with maintaining the excellent relationships we have with our customer base. You will be regarded as the CARTO expert and will deliver technical information to your customers. In order to support you in carrying out your role effectively, we offer extensive product training and mentoring.
The job of Technical Specialist is part of the sales and marketing part of our business and you will work closely with the Sales Specialists who manage the bulk of the sales responsibilities. As such, you will help drive sales in order to meet overall territory targets.
To find out more about who we are and what we do, watch these videos:
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum level of 2.1, preferably in a scientific discipline such as Medical Engineering or Biology, or Biomedical Science.
- Excellent presentation skills, and have the capability to demonstrate technical products
- Excellent communication skills, you will be dealing with healthcare professionals of all levels.
- A high level of self - drive and self - discipline
- You will also be able to positively influence thinking, behaviour, and be able to gain commitment.
- The ability to relocate within the UK
- Full clean driving licence
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 4th July, but could close earlier if we receive too many applications