J&J is dedicated to understanding the unique talents and career aspirations of every individual to ensure they are matched with the needs of the business in the most meaningful ways. The Learning & Development (L&D) team plays a vital role in this aspiration and is regarded as a centre of excellence within J&J. As an L&D placement student, you will find yourself working with senior stakeholders from across our business to support them in driving the performance of their teams.
As an L&D Placement student you will be based in our Centre of Excellence for Learning and Development. As a vital function within our organisation you will help drive organisational effectiveness through training initiatives and talent development strategies. This diverse and exciting department supports employees in all business units and functions across the business, and is responsible for developing and delivering high quality, strategically aligned Learning and Development (L&D) projects and initiatives to all customer-facing and head office teams.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to work in this varied role within an innovative and forward thinking L&D department. You will work both individually and as part of a team, you will liaise with people throughout the organisation, continually gaining new experiences and valuable insight into L&D best practices in an award winning business culture, and work environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist the senior L&D leaders in coordinating talent development events, projects, strategic initiatives, business unit sales meetings and recruitment centres.
- Coordinate sales team training days.
- Contribute to the development and execution of student and graduate recruitment and induction.
- Administrate online Compliance training for all new employees and deal with queries for ongoing training modules.
- Coordinate the copy approval process for the Learning and Development team.
- Support the on boarding and induction programme for new starters.
- We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Good commercial understanding and awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Strives to keep updated on industry trends
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Actively seeks feedback, appreciates and uses constructive criticism
- Bounces back quickly from disappointments and mistakes; learns and moves on quickly
- Excellent organisational skills
- Presentation skills