Product Management/Engineering Industrial Placement
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
Product management are involved various tasks in the design and development of medical devices. We aim to support new product introductions (NPI) through there lifecycle, add value to the current product portfolio and enable speed to market. The product management team has an engineering-based core and will specialise in these activities on most projects. These projects range from standard range products to patient specific solutions. You will join a team of project engineers and will be involved various projects developing your skills in design, engineering and project management. Throughout the year you will receive extensive support and training from a highly supportive team.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide engineering support in the development of NPI’s
- 3D CAD modelling
- Work with vendors regarding designs and manufacturing processes
- Develop streamlined design processes to enable speed to market
- Complete training and design for the patient specific implants
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Work on quality management system tools such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Lead continuous improvement projects CIP within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
Core Competences- Product management
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and CAD software applications is preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Possess a basic understanding of mechanical engineering and manufacturing
- Team working skills and flexibility are essential
- Exhibit confident oratory and presentation skills
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Engineering degrees preferred – bio or medical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials engineering, automotive engineering and similar