Spend your summer working alongside the top professionals in the business to come up with solutions that shape the global economy. Our bankers are focused on long-term relationships and developing strategies that help our government, institutional and corporate clients grow and innovate. We do this by providing sound advice, helping them access funds and making connections, all while helping clients manage the many risks in today's complex environment.
Our industry and product teams work together to develop and execute strategies that help our clients grow and achieve their objectives in today's global markets. Our industry and product teams in London include: Acquisitions & Leveraged Finance, Consumer & Retail, Diversified Industries, Energy, Equity Capital Markets, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Investment Grade Finance, Nordic M&A, Ratings Advisory, Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, and UK Coverage.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We'll give you what you need to succeed from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
What you can expect
Our Summer Analyst Program runs for ten weeks from June to August. It begins in London with five days of orientation and training, giving you technical and practical skills that will help you hit the ground running.
You'll make an impact by:
- Analysing market data, building detailed financial models and preparing client presentations for mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and capital markets advisory.
- Managing client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of our senior leaders.
- Coming up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges.
- Learning how we help clients and communities grow, no matter their needs.
- Sharpening your technical skills.
- Building your professional network with mentors, senior executives and others.
The program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on experience, relevant skills training and valuable professional networking. Based on your individual achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment.
If you've got initiative and the vision to come up with strategies and plans, then this is the role for you.
Key skills include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative work environment.
- Being adaptable, flexible and resilient.
- Knowing your way around Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others.
- You must be a penultimate year university student, eligible to start full-time work in 2021.
A well-rounded academic background is important — being on-track for a United Kingdom 2:1 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate studies is preferred. You certainly don't need a degree in Economics or Finance, but a good level of numeracy is required.
But beyond that, what we're most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Click the 'apply' link below to learn about the application process.
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.