Graduate Process Safety Engineer Leatherhead 2024
KBR’s global business comprises two main segments – Sustainable Technology Solutions (STS) and Government Solutions (GS). This role sits within STS in the Integrated Solutions business unit. Integrated Solutions is the engineering and project delivery group providing services which include front-end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction services, and program management primarily in the hydrocarbons and energy transition industries.
Roles and Responsibilities
As part of a project team, independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Consequence modelling using standard software packages (PHAST, Flaresim etc).
- Scribing HAZID, HAZOP and other safety reviews.
- Assistance with safety specifications.
- Assistance with design of safety systems (firewater, blast protection etc.)
- Action management.
- With additional experience within one area of Technical Safety, assist in the design of larger and more complex assignments.
Skills and experience
- Skills gained through undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including final year design projects and any work placements
- BEng or equivalent in science or engineering (typically Chemical Engineering)
- Masters degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering or Process Safety preferred)
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. Through collaboration with our customers, we’re defining tomorrow’s challenges, then providing the solutions and services to overcome those challenges, always maintaining our commitment to total safety and reliability.
At KBR, we partner with government and industry clients to provide purposeful and comprehensive solutions with an emphasis on efficiency and safety. With a full portfolio of services, proprietary technologies and expertise, our employees are ready to handle projects and missions throughout their entire lifecycle, from planning and design to sustainability and maintenance. Whether at the bottom of the ocean or in outer space, our clients trust us to deliver the impossible on a daily basis.
Working at KBR means being rewarded for your contributions. In addition to competitive benefits and professional development, our people are empowered to use all their potential, creating meaningful change for themselves and our clients. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
As the needs of the world change, we’re ready to respond and guide the way forward with strategic, sustainable, and technological advancements grounded in more than a century of practical application and execution.