Accounting & Finance Graduate Programme 2021
At Kerry we’re obsessed with food and with an ambition to provide 1 billion people access to more sustainable nutrition, this isn’t a ‘typical’ graduate programme. But then, you’re not a typical graduate.
With over 26,000 employees, sales in over 150+ countries and 130 different manufacturing locations we are ambitious and continually growing. If you’re looking for responsibility and exposure to meaningful projects and if you have an open and flexible approach, then a career at Kerry could be right for you.
Finance sits at the heart of Kerry, impacting every decision of our business and helping us deliver our strategy and vision. All Finance Graduates are supported to study towards a CIMA or ACCA qualification and receive a generous study package including financial assistance and study leave.
We offer a variety of opportunities in Accounting & Finance including Financial Control, Operations Finance, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Tax, Treasury and M&A. Accounting & Finance Graduates will have a further opportunity to rotate between the different finance teams to get a broad understanding of all aspects of the business.
Roles may be based in our Global Finance Headquarters in Tralee, in Co. Kerry, Ireland, on one of our European Manufacturing sites or in our European Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland. Candidates must be flexible with regards travel and relocation for this role.
As an Accounting & Finance Graduate with Kerry you will work with key players in the business from the outset to help meet corporate, business unit and department objectives and goals. Within the graduate programme you will have the opportunity to participate in planning and forecasting meetings, conducting investment analysis, preparing management accounts and maintaining budgetary controls.
As an integral part of our business, you will gradually take on more extensive responsibilities and become involved in matters of strategic importance.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the Finance team that you are assigned to, but may include:
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Monthly Reporting activity for the business along with communication to the business team;
- Involvement in the preparation of month end management accounts and assistance with year end statutory audit;
- Within the Pricing function you would be involved in assisting with product costing, commodity analysis and ensuring price recovery and margin enhancement.
- Analysing market trends and dynamics, customer analysis, price/volume trends and outlooks to recommend actions that lead to profitable growth;
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives to drive standardisation, alignment and efficiencies within the function;
- Support for business leadership through performance measurement. Understand business trends and monitor financial performance against benchmarks and key performance indicators.
What you'll need
First and foremost we look for hardworking, analytical and curious individuals who want to be pushed outside of their comfort zone.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related discipline
- Eligible to work within the EU without visa restrictions
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement
Nice to have
- Fluency in a second European language such as Spanish is an advantage
- Internship placement is an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable, however training will be provided