R&D Europe Graduate Programme 2021
At Kerry we’re obsessed with food and with an ambition to provide 1 billion people access to more sustainable nutrition, this isn’t a ‘typical’ graduate programme. But then, you’re not a typical graduate.
With over 26,000 employees, sales in over 150+ countries and 130 different manufacturing locations we are ambitious and continually growing. If you’re looking for responsibility and exposure to meaningful projects and if you have an open and flexible approach, then a career at Kerry could be right for you.
Our vision at Kerry and within R&A is to be the leader in taste and nutrition for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Excellence in innovation is at the heart of our mission. The goal of our research is simple – to provide the best taste and nutrition solutions for our customers. We believe in using real food and natural processes to do so.
We undertake extensive market research, discovering how consumers are engaging with food and beverages and what they want out of their diets. Our R&D, applications and culinary teams use these insights to design and develop the components that will be used to help our customers create great-tasting products.
But delivering great taste is only one piece of the puzzle. At Kerry, we use the science of nutrition to develop and improve products beyond taste, so they are better, more wholesome and nourishing.
Our ability to deliver better taste and nutrition is underpinned by a robust research programme. In addition to our own highly skilled product development teams, our customers also benefit from our partnerships with leading industry, research and educational institutions. Together, we explore and carry out pioneering research in areas such as sensory science, nutrition, flavour creation and fermentation, and this research is at the core of our development efforts.
What you can expect from the Kerry RD&A Graduate Programme
- Experience across at least 2 of our categories or technology teams where you will work with a highly skilled team to deliver on customer opportunities
- Experience working closely with at least one of Kerry’s European manufacturing sites to manage product scale ups and launch close up, gain further understanding of Kerry’s processing capabilities and work with cross functional teams;
- You will also work closely with our Regulatory, Sensory and Analytical teams understanding the critical value they bring to our business in differentiating us in the marketplace
What we are looking for
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food and Human Nutrition or similar
- Eligible to work within the EU without visa restrictions
- Fluency in German & English
- Demonstrates a passion for Food.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel and relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement
- Internship experience in similar industry is an advantage