Rural Graduate Programme 2021
As a graduate on this scheme, based in Bristol or Bishop’s Stortford, you will get exposure, experience, training and support within the Rural Asset Management team that sits within our Consultancy service area. We advise a wide range of private and institutional clients on a hugely diverse range of projects and property types within their portfolios, and offer thought leadership about the future of the rural economy and property sector in The Rural Report. Within your two years, you will build on your potential and get experience in areas such as estate management, planning and development, environmental off-setting, agricultural management, land purchasing, land sales, valuation and compulsory purchase projects.
What to expect
To apply for this scheme, you will need:
- An RICS-accredited undergraduate degree or a degree in any subject followed by an RICS-accredited MSc in Real Estate
- Good knowledge of the countryside and ideally some farm based experience
- Experience within the rural and land based sector is preferred but not essential
- Commitment and enthusiasm for learning as you’ll be undertaking your APC qualification across the two-year programme
- A fascination with property, keeping up to date with the real estate market and current developments
- A strong desire to develop great people skills in your career, as communication and relationship building is at the heart of what we do
Training & development
- During your time as a graduate, you will train for your Assessment of Professional Competence (APC). Achieving this qualification enables you to become a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), a professional body for those in the industry.
- Training for your APC will take shape through a combination of seminars, workshops and self-study. You will gain exposure to a wide range of subjects, and have the opportunity to learn alongside experts within key areas such as Agricultural & Residential Valuation, Agency, Compulsory Purchase and Agr-Consultancy.
- As well as learning together with the rest of your graduate cohort, you’ll also receive mentorship from experienced individuals from across the business and receive support from your counsellor, supervisor and early careers manager.
- Applications for the 2021 scheme are now open and will be closing Friday 20th November 2020.
- Assessment and screening will take place throughout November and December.
- Final assessment centres take place in January.
We update the site frequently so please do check back regularly. If you have any specific questions about a recent application or other opportunities, please email email@example.com