Data Management Analyst Graduate Programme
Kubrick Group is a specialist data consultancy with a twist. We hire a diverse range of junior professionals and graduates from across the country, we pay you while we train you in the latest data and business skills and then place you into industry-leading companies in a variety of different sectors. Through our training we will develop you into a highly skilled data consultant who can go onto becoming a leading expert in your field.
As Data Science soars in growth and popularity and the amount of data we produce increases daily, organisations are realising the true impact, value and risk of data. This has resulted in the emergence of a new highly important role, the role of the Data Management Analyst.
To satisfy demands of greater scrutiny and regulations, businesses and institutions are now expected to ensure consistent quality, integrity and usability of their data and having a sound data plan and data governance strategy is not only important but urgent. These analysts are therefore the front line in navigating this new world.
We hire excellent people, who often don’t have any prior data experience, teach them all they need to know and prepare them to help our clients realise their business potential, navigate risks and focus on careful governance and management of their digital information. Our clients range from telecommunications to fashion retail and financial services, giving our consultants the opportunity to work in various thriving industries.
But what does it mean to be a Data Management Analyst?
Kubrick Group is a data technologies consultancy at the forefront of what we call the ‘data governance movement’ and our Data Management analysts are highly sought after. Through our training we equip them with the ability to understand what happens to data in an organisation (i.e. data warehousing and quality management, architecture and security) from a technical, commercial and regulatory perspective. That means our analysts understand the lifecycle of information as it flows through the business, can access the data bases to make sense of the information and check its quality (using SQL etc.), and then present back to the business (using Tableau for example) to influence a company’s decision making on their data management and governance processes. Our consultants are often the commercial voice in an organisations’ data team and play a crucial role as ‘translator’ between the data team and the organisations’ business function allowing both to understand each other and work well together.
Has this caught your interest? – Keep reading and find out how we equip you for the job
Your first 14-16 weeks at Kubrick Group are set aside for paid training in the skills you need to succeed in your career as a Data Management Analyst. You will work with experienced data governance practitioners and highly skilled technical trainers to:
- Understand the commercial landscape and the regulatory drivers which are influencing management and governance of information now and in the future
- Practice stakeholder management skills and adapting to an agile environment
- Learn data modelling and the latest technology skills a Data Management Consultant needs such as Python, SQL, Collibra and Tableau
- Refine your skills working on real life projects to prepare you for being a consultant on client site.
You will also have access to the following soft skills workshops
- Presentation & interview skills and practice
- Lunch and Learns – How to research your client before an interview?
- Q&As with HQ Teams, Consultant on placements, Kubrick Alumni and Clients
- Client Surgeries & Networking
- Transition to Client Site
- Career Management & Personal Value Statement
What we need from you
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them
- A love for problem solving, making sense of something complex and communicating it to others in a way that is easy to understand
- An ambition to work with data - don’t let it intimidate you, learning some coding is crucial in today’s age
- Geographical flexibility, as our consultants often work across the UK
- Educated to degree level with minimum 120 new (or 300 old) UCAS points, A-level (or equivalent) Maths preferred
Apply and become one of our sought-after consultants and be part of the ‘data governance’ movement!