Structural Engineer/Site Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Entry degrees will be listed within each of our graduate vacancies and differ from role to role
A Temporary Works Design Engineer is responsible for production of drawings, calculations and specifications for a diverse range of permanent and temporary works schemes, as well as the provision of buildability, construction methodology and value engineering advice for live projects and tenders, as required by the business.
They work within the Temporary Works Design team in Dartford or Manchester under the guidance of Senior Design Engineers.
Temporary Works Design Engineers are part of the Engineering Job Family and Technical Function, which is there to ensure technical excellence, assurance and performance across all projects and opportunities from pre-project, early engagement and work winning through to detailed delivery. All of our engineers are part of our Engineering Enterprise and are aligned with our overall strategy to maximise DfMA, Digital Engineering, and Early Engagement.
You will receive the appropriate on and off the job training to allow you to become an experienced Laing O'Rourke engineer.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities of a Site Engineer.
- Work closely with the Design Engineers to provide engineered solutions; ensuring safety in design and good practice.
- Ensure company QA procedures are followed.
- Preparation of calculations, reports, drawings and specifications for a diverse range of temporary works schemes.
- Preparing engineered solutions using all mainstream structural materials (i.e. steelwork, reinforced concrete, timber, etc.) to the Eurocodes and relevant industry guidance.
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers' responsibilities.
- Highly computer literate (MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint, PDF Editors).
- Knowledge of working with Eurocodes and British Standards and other industry guidance.
- Knowledge in the use of design and analysis programs (TEDDS, Scia Engineer, STRAP, AutoCAD and Revit) is beneficial to the role.
- Knowledge with a range of proprietary falsework, formwork and shoring equipment.
- Knowledge in geotechnical design.
- Knowledge of BS5975:2019.
- Become a graduate member of the ICE or IStructE and work towards Chartership.
North West and South East England
Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
CIBSE, IMechE, IET
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2021**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.