Graduate Sales Associate 2021
Founded in 1848, Lazard operates in 41 cities across 27 countries with two core businesses: asset management and financial advisory.
The Lazard Asset Management Group (“LAM Group”) has circa £177.5 billion assets under management across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies - both traditional and alternative - in listed equity and fixed income.
At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
To support the UK Institutions team in developing key relationships with Institutional prospects. The role will focus on supporting UK focused sales opportunities on all operational, sales and marketing activities.
- Support the Relationship Managers/Sales team to develop their key relationships by proactively and reactively dealing with prospect queries and requests in a timely manner.
- Researching and creating company profiles for prospects and capturing this information within the CRM system by setting up Organisation Plans.
- Maintain the CRM system and ensure that all information is accurate and up to date, including the tagging of the relevant product interests and solutions.
- Sourcing information requests such as performance and attribution data, quarterly reports, thought leadership pieces, Fund information, strategy data, etc.
- Sourcing prospect opportunities via external; RFP databases.
- Responsible for updating internal records including RFPs submitted, pitches undertaken and their outcomes.
- Assisting with the follow up of attendees after conferences and events.
- Gain an understanding of the investment process and style of the relevant investment
- Keep abreast of trends in the investment and pensions market.
- Keep abreast of the administration and dealing procedures in relation to funds, where
- Help build and develop relationships with other internal teams including the RFP, ESG, Marketing and Operations
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and strong analytical ability
- The ability to liaise across the Company at all levels
- Good understanding and interest in the investment management industry
- Willingness to complete relevant qualifications such as Investment Administration Qualification (IAQ) and the Investment Management Certificate (IMC)